Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Unexpected Rejoicing

…. In duty. I had got up not wanting to go to school (i.e. work) today. Such a bone deep tiredness, inexplicable sniffling and general dread. But I’m the only one who has the key to the school’s oral documents (a definite sign of governmental paranoia, all this lock and key and seal and sign stuff) so I had to drag my ass there.. Yet, as lessons went on and the kids went about their usual nonsense, the work simply cheered me up. I guess I need to be needed. (hmmm… sign of wholeness or insecurity? … sigh. Must stop over-analysing… )

…In old ties. I also had wanted to cancel an dinner appointment with an ex-student, Lifen - but what a great delight that had turned out to be! There’s a genuine freedom that arises when two individuals reach a certain trust level and start to say and share what they REALLY think and feel. No fear of condemnation. No worry that the friendship will break down or be compromised. What a freedom. I’m so blessed to have so many of these friendships.

…. In divine meetings. Got a divine opportunity to meet up with Cellina (teacher, mother of two, shining example of what a truly gracious lady is like..) for a quick tea session after the oral exam. Just being with her reminds me that good old kindness and sincerity never runs out of fashion.

Someone asked me if I feel filled with joy always. Not always. Many times, I forget. But when I pause and I choose to remember, I am indeed filled with thanksgiving and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home