Monday, January 16, 2006

Are you happy?

A few times that I met B, he would startle me with the question 'So - are you happy?'

Inevitably, I would reply in fits and starts - yes, I am, for the most part - with disclaimers..
Why does this question startle me?
Why do i feel guilty and unsure when i say 'yes'?

What does happiness or joy feel like? Look like?

If it's a gentle calm - I've had it from time to time. (E calls it my zen mood). At rest is good.
If it's exuberance and vitality and abundance - i think i have a lot of that - though by the time i reach home i just want to be quiet.

What is a life that is continually rejoicing look like?
If I have it, will I know?

I have so many meaningful and joyous moments with friends and family. Is this it?

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Philippians 4:4-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home