Monday, January 02, 2006

Judge not..

Went to a lovely baby blessing gathering today, as well as a nice ladies' lunch.
After that, started wandering arounf Orchard Road as usual. but instead of the contented satisfaction of yesterday, I felt a gaping hole in my heart.
Why? I wondered.
And then it occurred to me that I was feeling rejected and abandoned. Someone I like regards me only as a friend.
But why the gaping hole? Why so crushed?

Suddenly, the answer came.
1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1- 2

I have catergorised every guy I have ever met under one of the following categories - gay, married, cannot-make-it or has potential.
In judging them, I have heaped judgement on myself. Everytime I meet someone who 'has potential', the fact that this person may not see me in the same light crushes me, for I have automatically labelled myself as 'cannot-make-it' , there being only 4 catergories.

All this heartache over the years. Mind-boggling. How did I miss the wisdom in this verse?

What to do then? Repent. Realise the unique make-up of each person, myself included. Stop judging.

2006 looks like it's going to be a life-changing year! =)

5 Comments:

Blogger dindon said...

Heyy,

You're back!!

Just want to wish you Happy New Year!

Lots of love,
Cannot-Make-It ...

10:31 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Dear Dindon,
Happy new year to you too! If you cannot make it means i also cannot make it.. So cannot say like that =)

Dear daffodilshine,
Amen!!! =)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Dialogism said...

Hi dear,

Am glad for your break through!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

Maybe you should have category 5 - Not time yet.

9:49 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Dear brave-tell-all Eugene Tan,
i guess the whole revelation was so that i stop creating categories... haha..
=)

Dear Dialogism,
Finally get to see your blog!!!!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home