Thursday, November 17, 2005

Naggaphobic...

Today, I realised the extent of my phobia of nagging.

I'm in charge of vetting testimonials for graduating classes. This is actually a barrel of laughs - examples of actual comments: 'He is a super bilingual', 'Due to his high concentration power','He is a grateful student', 'He obeys instructions and never stands up to teachers', 'He was the flag-barrier for the flag party in his CCA' - hahahahahaha......... I started envisioning students with magical kungfu skills, little dogs at obedience school, traffic controllers...

Anyway - the form teachers are supposed to come up with the testimonials and i vet. Simple enough. But due to an administrative cock-up, the paragraphs some teachers prepared were too lengthy to be uploaded into the system. Stupid system, and i felt really bad about the teachers having to further edit - but....
I explained the situation and most of them understood the contraints, but one teacher kept hounding me about the word limit. Her questioning and explanations and account of what she had done were so incessant that in the end - i decided i could just do the extra editing and uploading of the work for her.
That was like one and a half hours of extra work just to avoid nagging.
No joke man.

Succinct. Why can't everyone be more succinct? (Gosh, I love this word, just pronounce out loud - it's like sucking on a lollipop and then giving it a final lick. hahah.. delicious. ) Some words just turn me on. hahaha... Tarmac is another word. Rolling, light 'r' followed by another lip-smacking sound. sigh... imagine - 'He stood on the tarmac, and gave a succinct reply.' Sigh.
hahahaha.. siao already.

My mother has one bad case of verbal diarrhoea. But she's been improving, and i think I've been improving in my ability to sift through the info overload and just accept her like that.
She recently signed up for a course on child care - poor thing - studying for the first time in 40 years.. woah.
So, she was going on about the teacher being too fast and how she was worried about assignments. But I am convinced that it'll be good for her - told her that for the first time in her life she'll learn the important skill of Summarizing.

Succinct.

haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home