Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Services Terminated

I've been leading children's worship at my ex-church for about a year over now. (basically that means I lead the singing, and pray with them or for them sometimes.)

It's been good. Always felt blessed/humbled/refreshed/rebuked after each session.

And I was particularly impressed that the pastor ic had the liberal-mindedness to let someone who was not completely in this church system to lead worship as a 'guest' worship-leader.

Today however, my services were terminated. A new pastor is now in-charge. And I possibly will 'not flow' with the direction of the ministry.

It puzzles me that if Jesus gave us ONE great commission , which is to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19 , then how far off can I be? Even if I'm from another church in another country, state or continent?

Very perturbing.

In any case, it's answered prayer. I had prayed in my heart that I would serve with all i could if they asked me to stay, and I would not debate if they asked me to leave.

So there's that mild homesicknesses that comes from leaving familiar places and faces, and a certain disappointment. But I'm more perturbed than anything.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Tan said...

Dear, when God closes a door, he opens a window.

9:53 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Amen. =)
Now, i shall try to listen carefully to know what to involve myself in (or not involve myself in) this year =)

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home