Friday, November 24, 2006

'My boyfriend is SEM'

Attended this full day workshop on SEM - School Excellence Model - yesterday. Basically, I'll be attached to a team next year to do auditing of school practices.

During one twilight zone moment, this extremely passionate and enthusiastic trainer shared that there were days when she dreamt about SEM and she went on to declare that 'I'm single, so my boyfriend is SEM!'

Oh shit.

She reminded me of a dozen other ladies I have come across in the education service in Singapore. Late 30s to late 40s, well-put together. Highly intelligent. Organised. And completely brainwashed into giving their entire lives to the ministry.

NONONONONONONOONONONNNOONONNONO........ N O T M E.

I've decided to blog about this to remind myself to shake off any inertia and prepare to leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Tan said...

In case you don't know - the "dog-boy-girl" of the education service are SEM and TRAISI.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home