Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A shadow of perfect..

My mind was in a whirl and I went jogging. Sunset over Kallang river, rosy clouds in the distance, rippling waves.. it looked positively utopic. Finally my mind rested. And a still small voice reminded me - He will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee. Isaiah 26:3.
I paused and enjoyed the moment. It was easy to do when you look at something so beautiful and think about God's glory and beauty. But I questioned - how do I keep my mind stayed on Thee? The moment I turn away a billion other things pops in.. but as I continued jogging, the answer came.
Look at each broken bit as a shadow of what could be perfect. A littered beach.. meant to someday redeemed and filled with life, laughter. A quarrelling couple. Meant to someday wholly accept and love one another.
I remembered CS Lewis and 'the Last Battle'.. the animals finding that all they loved were but a shadow of what is perfect.
Perhaps as I search for the meant-to-be perfections behind each shadow, I will stay my mind on Him, the Prince of Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger dindon said...

Such wonderous thoughts never enter my mind as I plough through the dense vegetation of the MacRitchie Reservoir leh ...

12:39 AM  
Blogger still seeking said...

haha.. must breathe deeper breaths then will have more oxygen entering the brain...

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home