Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Thanksgiving and Side-tracking

Two very good pieces of news - received confirmation in my supervisor post (finally - some money for the work I've been doing!) and principal is nominating me for some prestigious award (which I think I'm quite unworthy of actually, but feel honoured about being nominated...)

Yet - the question that is buzzing in my mind tonight is - what exactly am I looking for in a partner?
Sheesh - what a bimbotic turn of thought - yet I suppose it is very important to me.

I wrote somewhere before - 'Someone who means what he says and says what he means. Simple.' I was assured by Mr D.A. that this criteria was easily fulfilled by him.. haha.. how deluded he was.
But it is actually immensely difficult to fulfill.

'Someone who means what he says' - Is very clear about what he is saying, is willing to follow-up on it, does not promise things lightly, is a man of integrity, fears God.
'Someone who says what he means' - Is willing to explain and communicate, does not play games or beat around the bush or mislead, who is willing to take a risk in saying things.

Of course, the next question is - am I someone who means what I say and says what I mean? Who am I to expect this high standard if I cannot fulfill it myself?

For the most part, I believe I mean what I say. But sometimes I forget to follow-up, or I get soft-hearted and don't carry through a threat.
Do I say what I mean? Yes, I usually try to, though there are times I prefer to talk in layers.

If only I was as competent and confident in this area of relationships as I am in the area of work.. Then again, if that was the case, I probably would never have become a Christian in the first place.

9 And He said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

3 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Tan said...

You need a dog, not a man.

10:57 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

How does a dog say what it means? Methinks your physical ailments are making you rather tetchy my friend..

9:09 AM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

Alas, he (or in this case, she) who needs to hear to know must be deaf.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home