Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things to be happy with

I started today beset by a tremendous ulcer, work stress and general lethargy. But at 4pm, with my voice finally recorded for some video, I decided - I will cook mee sua.

Haha.

It has turned out to be another one of those perfectly contented evenings.

The ingredients? (I need to note this as I prepare to live alone, whether overseas or in Singapore)

- a good radio station (equipment : dependable broadband on computer to get internet radio stations, or an affordable stereo system. Preferably both.)
- access to affordable groceries (equipment : fridge, nice big boiling pan, knife, basic cutlery and bowl, plate)
- a good workout routine (equipment : skipping rope and weights, especially if it’s winter or I don’t feel safe jogging alone)
- a good book (equipment : a library card, so I don’t need to bring the books back if I’m returning from overseas. Or maybe bookmooch!)

Gosh, takes so little to make one happy. Yay. =)

As for the mee sua – I added Chinese parsley, oyster mushrooms, quail’s eggs, instant shrimp wanton. Hmm… not bad. Maybe add Knorr cube the next time round… Yum!

'Then they were glad because they were quiet, So He guided them to their desired haven. ' Psalm 107:30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home