Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Alternative career?

Today is a day I want to change my job..
Being in middle managment is wah lau eh not fun.

What do you do when those you oversee screw up big time?
What do you do when you could cover it up and no one would know?
What do you do when you have a built-in guilt system and you wonder... was it my fault?

I was walking to the mrt, screaming in my heart - GOD! I need to talk to someone!!!!!
A.W. called. Answered prayer. His advice - report to the already pissed authorities and cover backside.
I hemmed and hawed.
God, is that wise? But .. but Rahab lied about the two guys in Jericho and You praised her... but but... I feel like chicken shit.
Messaged E, my best friend. Waited for a reply. Continued trying to justify lack of telling... why blow it up? Why get that teacher into trouble? Or am I just trying to not get myself into trouble?
E replied. Should own up.

I sighed. It clicked. That was what my conscience was telling me. Screw promotions. Screw my backside. Screw the shelling both my supervisee and I will get. I don't want to hide.
Shit.
So I called the VP. Told her about the matter. Gotta see her and the big boss (piercing eyes) tomorrow morning.
Wah liew.

Time to look for an alternative career (ok, bit dramatic.. but why not? Civil system no joke, one black mark and you're in limbo for eternity. They can talk all they want about people developer and nurturing teachers, but the Singapore system is error-intolerant. no wonder so many people are freaking depressed.)
Maybe be deejay.. or sing in pub (but i think I cannot make it. probably will have to wear damn low cut before people will come.. cannot like that...)

Got driving license.. maybe can drive taxi... and sing at the same time... hahaha.. charge extra..

Hmmm... when I'm super stressed I revert to singlish... talk about language of the heart..

So what now?

Pray for a miracle.. or just for peace.
Seriously, how the P treats me after this will strongly impact my career path. Perhaps it's part of the grand plan to kick me out of my cushy seat and do something elsewhere.

Silver linings.

Addedum :
In an odd twist of emotions, in the midst of my super super stress, I kept thinking of Mr D.A. I wished I could talk to him.. How pathetic is that? When to check his online status (pathetic quotient rising) and was glad when realised he hadn't been online for some time.. (pathetic quotient at all time high).
Eww. Woman, get a grip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aurora said...

Gosh, reading you is like reading myself .. only a more eloquent version (you i mean).

You left this dangling. So what's the verdict?

3:51 AM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Dear Aurora,
yaya.. our thought paths are eerily similar..
Summarised the news in my latest blog. =)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home