Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Boobs, booty or brains?

Just watched an excerpt of some entertainment show with Fiona Xie interviewing three pseudo-hunks with fakey accents. The question was - which body part of a woman is most important to you - boobs, booty or brains? To which all three (earnestly) unanimously replied - brains.

Yeah, RIGHT! Like I believe these people.

I have found that most guys (not all I must qualify) are helluva initimidated when I finally show off my brains. Especially in the context of a conflict. Most guys are more emotional and less rational than they think they really are, to top it off, there's a high dose of denial in the mix. Lethal.

So back to the pseudo-hunks. Know what I think? I think they meant brains powered enough to flirt and amuse, yet constrained enough to capitulate to their ways of thinking.

Hrmph.

Maybe this tirade is prompted by a little episode I had with a colleague. We were in the printing room together and suddenly this older lady colleague started talking to me in a congenial, advisory tone. 'So, are you seeing anyone?' 'Haha, no.' 'Oh! But you're so.. dynamic.' (I was hoping for attractive but she said dynamic.. o well.. heh)

And in response, without much thought, I flippantly replied, 'Oh, guys don't want dynamic girls, they want girls who will listen to them.' She started for a moment, then smiled and said, 'Yes, that's true.'

See?

Sigh.

15 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Tan said...

I met many women with brains who know how to "tame other men" without intimidating them. Maybe you should try...

10:48 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Am I really that initimidating? I don't want to tame anyone, just want someone who can accept and make true statements..

2:33 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

Oh, well. Just as well that I've mellowed by so much by the time we got to know each other. Cellina would have told you that I'd suffer no intimidating women, brains, boobs or both. I guess the guys have just got to go under your armour suit to see if the soft-centre *actually* exist.

I'll await the outcome from the brave ones who survive the exploration.

2:45 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Sir, you don't know me well enough. My soft side is alive and well, still smarting a little from recent exposure..
The brave ones? Are the ones who will explore la..

4:22 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:23 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Wah lao. Kena suan on own blog.. sadness.. =P
daffoldilshine, hmm.. your experiment means I have to act like a complete bimbo for the nite? difficult leh... but.. role play can I suppose... heh...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 AM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Hahah.. as in off balance? Wa biang.. Someone no need to work read blog only...

11:18 AM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

Were you in the DHS volleyball team?

12:51 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Mr Tan, you are getting rude. And yes, I was in the volleyball team, till college in fact. National champs dun play play.
Pls desist from more comments about my body parts.
Tsk.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

What a request, given the title of the entry. Never mind. I'll dump some of my comments.

BTW, I think I'll try and find my DHS year books and have a look at you during Sec Sch days. What class were you in?

3:33 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

Sheesh. Censorship. I not like that one..

As for my class - FAT HOPE.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Eugene Tan said...

You are hard to please. And that intimidating demeanour... Sigh.

I'll find out your class easily enough. Don't you worry, dearie. There're only A - N classes to look through.

10:29 PM  
Blogger still seeking said...

=P

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home