Sunday, February 12, 2006

Using my imagination

I've always sought comfort in the following verse -
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. - Isaiah 26:3

But of course, the practical aspect of keeping my mind 'stayed on God' 24/7 has been quite... impossible for me.

Yet, this morning I read another version of the verse
'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose IMAGINATION is stayed on thee'.
How magical, how wondrous.

I directed my imagination this morning to God, using the Lord of the Rings as a starting point, imagining nobility and honour and truth and courage. It made me more conscious of how glorious Jesus is.

And it did bring me peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger dindon said...

happy valentine's day!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home